Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Puzzle of plastic

On 02/03/2019 17:14, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 02/03/2019 16:34, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 14:48:02 UTC, BroadbackÂ* wrote:
When I was a young man, a long time ago, bottles were glass and bags
were paper. Why cant the supermarkets revert to those? Bottles were
returned and paper used to light our fires. Then we moved to gas
(mainly) central heating, Now that is a no no. Incidentally what will
happen to the businesses that primarily sell gas appliances? Will they
be compensated?

Domestic gas is to be banned in a few years.

If you call 30 years a few. Even so, biogas is being considered as an
acceptable alternative, so it might be more akin to the changeover
from town gas to natural gas than a complete end to gas as a fuel.

What's so magic about biogas? How does it differ from methane?

It doesnt. Methane IS biogas. All gas and oil - unless you are an
abiotic 'believer' are biological in origin.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.