Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Anyone tried using a cheap FPGA like this?

On 28/02/2019 22:41, dennis@home wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CycloneII...AOSwImRYcFi l

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...yc2_cii5v1.pdf

Yes I have. Used them for many projects including driving multiple
servos on a hexapod, and a driver for those 64 x 32 led panels you can
het from aliexpress for next to nothing.
Main problem you will find is that they have a very small amount of on
board RAM so will not suit some projects without adding external facilities.
They are now excellent value for money.
If you are just starting out I wouls search out Quartus v9.1 sp2,
download for free.
This is the last version of Quartus that is a complete integrated easy
to use package which has a built in simulator, and supports Cyclone II's.