Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default water dispenser flow

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:13:56 PM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:12:53 PM UTC-5, Bod F wrote:
On 2/28/2019 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in
door. Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it
suddenly slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it
is like a 6 or 7. I changed the water filter and at first it
was fast then slowed down again. I have purchased some new
filters from a different manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?

A water line needle valve tapped into the bottom of the water pipe
might do that.

I'd check the flow coming in, at the fridge, by disconnecting it and
using a bucket. Could also be the solenoid valve getting gunked up,
I suppose or an obstruction somewhere in the fridge plumbing. Any
chance the tubing got a kink in it?

How do you check the solenoid valve?

You'd have to find it and disconnect the water out, hold a bottle or similar
to it and activate it. If water flow isn't right, then turn off the water,
disconnect the input side and have someone turn the water back on while
you hold the jar. Probably should measure output at the dispenser so you
know it's x ounces in 10 secs or whatever there. If you need to turn the
water off and have a ball valve on the main, might be easier to turn that
off and on for testing, instead of a saddle valve, if that's what you have.