Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default ev charging

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
Yes indeed, but the council are talking about converting some streetlamps
for charging cars, and I was wondering being as these will be in the
street if there might be some vandal sitting there relishing the havoc
they could cause to such an installation!

For at least a year, I've been walking past pavement edge charging points
in Berekley Square - they still seem to be working - at leat cars arev
plugged into them. But, in general, a lamppost takes 1 or 2 amps at most; a
charging point will need a lot more current than that.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England