Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default any good pir outdoor lights ?

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 11:25:25 AM UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/02/2019 15:49, wrote:
We had an outdoor pir floodlight which functioned faultlessly for
over 20 years. Since its demise I am now on the third replacement.All
far eastern crap. All faulty in one way or another. Either the timer
could not be set properly or the sensor was inadequate. Is anyone
making a good version any more ?

IME going for a "normal" light controlled by a stand-alone PIR often
gives better results. You can also then change the PIR without changing
the light if you need to.

PIR kit made by Steinel seems to have a decent reputation.

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Thanks John. I was about to go that route as the original unit had a separate PIR sensor