Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default iMac Thunderbolt

In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Monday, 25 February 2019 15:53:51 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:52:42 +0000
Bill wrote:

As I understand it, KB and mouse use 2 usb

That's pointless - either use a hub to run them both from one port,

The wired apple keyboards have two USB ports one at each end, one can
be used for the mouse (well that's what I do) so you have an extra USB
port not fewer.

Of course the imacs usualy come with wireless KB & mouse which don't
take up any USB ports.

get something like the Logitech wireless devices that share a dongle,
or a keyboard that has an internal hub for the mouse.

Like the Apple ones do.

Thanks, all, for the info.

I rang him yesterday and asked if his US Apple keyboard had a usb port.
He confirmed it had, he plugged the mouse in and got it working.
He then told me he is left handed and the port is at the wrong side of
the kb.

He has just emailed to say he is delighted and it's all working. I have
no idea whether he has found a second port.
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com