Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default Paint for cast iron gutters - Hammerite smooth?

On 25/02/2019 11:23, Tricky Dicky wrote:
When Hammerite was still good I recall the smooth version was not recommended for exterior use, I don't know if that applies to the current version. Generally Hammerite in my opinion is not what it used to be.

I am pretty sure part of the advertising jingle used to be

™« Inside Smoothrite outside Hammerite
Iron old Iron ™«

I take it 'Smoothrite' is now called 'Hammerite smooth' or somesuch.

Most things with chemicals in them seem to follow the same path the
chemical proportion has been so reduced (to follow H&S guidelines) that
the product they are in is no longer so effective.