Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default iPad continuously loses wI fi signals.

"abueloeddie" wrote in message
My suspicions lie with the BT extender...(s) Over the years I have had
many connection problems with these bits of kit, needed as the house in
which we live has room dividers, walls, all lined with sheet plasterboard
which is also insulated with sheet aluminium, thus preventing most of the
"RAYS" from spreading through the house!

Plasterboard coated with aluminium foil is a real pain because it attenuates
the signal, especially if the foil is earthed (eg a safety connection to the
building's earthing rod which is connected to mains earth).

If it had affected all devices, you might have needed lots of wifi repeaters
connected by Ethernet cable to the router. But another iPad works OK in the
same places, so you should be fine.

I'd suspect your iPad may have a problem.

The point about 2.4 GHz versus 5 GHz is a good one. If your router is
broadcasting both (many modern ones do) and if both networks have the same
name and password, you may find it difficult to tell which network each
device is connecting to. 5 GHz tends to have a shorter range and be more
affected by obstructions like hot water tanks and foil-covered plasterboard.