Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default iPad continuously loses wI fi signals.

"abueloeddie" wrote in message
iPad continuously loses wI fi signals. Will connect for 5-10 minutes at
over 45Mbps then that disappears.

Tried... Factory reset, Router Power Cycle, Checking Broadband extender,
on ground floor, gives good readings on iPhone but poor / intermittent /
no connection to iPad

Router is BT no 6 (Ethernet cable connection iMac ( Very Good 57 - 58
Mpbs)

Ethernet cable to BT Broadband extender on first floor gives good
connection down to ground floor, running Smart TV... All channels picked
up ok. iPhone shows continuously good Hi Speed Connection but iPad is
very intermittent

Where is fault? Ground floor BT BB extender ? Or iPad in failing to
hold on to a signal from Extender?

The first thing I'd eliminate is the range-extender. How often does the
problem happen when

- the range extender is turned off and the iPad is (obviously) connected to
the base router
- the range extender is turned on but the iPad is connected to the base
router
- the iPad is connected to the range extender

Some Apple devices seem to use a wifi chipset which is a lot more fussy and
a lot more liable to disconnect. Many times my wife has complained that the
wifi to her iPad keeps dropping out, but I can't reproduce the fault with my
Android phone or Windows laptop in the same location and so with the same
signal strength/quality. That's for a signal from a router, without a range
extender. I'm not sure whether Apple have released any firmware upgrades
which attempt to cure this.