BigWallop

Default Overflow on new bath leaking

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"Chris Hodges" wrote in message
David W.E. Roberts wrote:
PTFE tape - but not sure if this will work on a push fit

Probably not

Silicone sealant - but not sure if this will bond to the shiny plastic
enough to prevent water under pressure leaking out.

On a similar setup (B+Q's equivalent) I found that silicone sealant
bonded very nicely to the surface of the bath (it sticks well to shiny
stuff, but requires a push or smoothing on IYSWIM). It cured most of
the problems you're talking about.

Thanks to all respondents.

I have adopted the "lets see you leak past that, you Ba**ard" approach

with
loads of silicone sealant.
It probably will.

Cheers
Dave R

ROFL !!! That point has to come when you get a niggling leak. :-))

The next time (if there is a next time) get hold of some "Gutter Seal". It
comes in a tube like the silicone and is a thick black tarry mix that, when
cured, looks and feels like a rubber washer. A smear of this stuff around
the flanges of the plastic fittings makes a made to measure rubber washer
that moulds itself into any nooks and crannies.

I was going to mention it last night, but thought you'd only shout and
scream at me for giving you more to worry about. :-))

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com