Dick

Default Window ac vs dehumidfier?

Yes Greg ,
I am considering adding central ac but (as is mentioned in another thread)
the main duct in the house is only 8x8 which is evidently ok for heat but
too small for ac. I would have to rip down plaster ceilings in the basement
to even get at the ducts...let alone the cost involved of replacing them.
I'll consider adding central ac only if I can use my present duct system or
somehow add to it.
In the mean time, the cooling season here in Mass is only a few months long
& if I can fine tune the system I have I'll be happy.
"Greg O" wrote in message

"Dick" wrote in message
Would a window ac unit do as good a job of dehumidifying the basement
as the dehumidifier while cooling the room as well?

Probably not. An AC unit will be trying to cool the air, if the room is

cool
it will not run.
Have you considered that running two AC units and possibly a third, and/or

dehumidifier, it may be cheaper in the long to put in central AC?
Greg