Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maybe OT Car dealer commercials

On 2/24/2019 2:14 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/24/2019 11:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials.Â* Have they no pride?Â* Sensibility?
The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are
in some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster.Â* They look like
(and they are) idiots.

Funny how some people react to ads.Â* I told a friend that I like the TV
show Blue Bloods and he told me that he hates Tom Selleck because of his
ads for reverse mortgages.

I can understand that. If the company is reputable, I'm OK with it and
it can help people . If it is a schlock outfit, then it hurts the
reputation of the actor.

Then you have Shaquille O'Neal laughing all the way to the bank. He
comes across as a bit of a buffoon, but is a pretty sharp businessman.