Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

On Sunday, 24 February 2019 13:35:11 UTC, Fredxx wrote:
On 20/02/2019 16:26, Bert Coules wrote:

Not really a DIY question (unless it turns out that there is in fact a
DIY fix), so apologies.

I have a bathroom scale with an LED display (branded Weight Watchers
but I don't know the actual maker) which is a good few years old now.
It's always been completely reliable but over the last couple of days
the display has refused to stabilise: it flicks up and down over a
range of about half a stone, never stopping on any one reading.

I'm assuming that it's an electronics problem rather than a mechanical
one, but am I correct?

Many thanks.

the only reliable scales are beam balance. ALL the standonm pressiure
ones are in the end utter ****.

That's not my experience. I tend to aim for resolution which does tend
to mean a better strain gauge and lower noise electronics.

Beam balance are accurate & last centuries. No electronic scale will do that. Shame that beam balance are also slow to use, expensive & bulky.

NT