Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Remote dimmer switch?

On 23/02/2019 00:18, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:18:52 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 22/02/2019 14:03, R D S wrote:
On 21/02/2019 22:35, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a LED compatible remote / local wall mounted dimmer switch
that anyone here has personally experienced and can recommend please?

I got a bulb in Lidl recently that had a remote for dimming (as well as
all manner of other funky multicolouredness).

IKEA do something similar - it dims by twisting a magnetic puck in a
tray sort of arrangement. Possibly too responsive/fiddly for this use,
but maybe worth considering. I've got one and it works fine - but I'm
not a big dimmer.

Thanks guys,

If this was in the centre / ceiling light in a bedroom, would you
consider it bright enough on it's own for say hoovering or reading
etc?

I'd say just about, but brightness required is pretty much a matter of
opinion/lumens. Anyway, what I was talking about:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/tr%C3%A5dfri-dimming-kit-warm-white-yellow-art-80356911/

--
Cheers, Rob