Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Remote dimmer switch?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:18:52 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 22/02/2019 14:03, R D S wrote:
On 21/02/2019 22:35, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a LED compatible remote / local wall mounted dimmer switch
that anyone here has personally experienced and can recommend please?

I got a bulb in Lidl recently that had a remote for dimming (as well as
all manner of other funky multicolouredness).

IKEA do something similar - it dims by twisting a magnetic puck in a
tray sort of arrangement. Possibly too responsive/fiddly for this use,
but maybe worth considering. I've got one and it works fine - but I'm
not a big dimmer.

Thanks guys,

If this was in the centre / ceiling light in a bedroom, would you
consider it bright enough on it's own for say hoovering or reading
etc?

ATM, there is no issue with dexterity (all be it numbed with the
painkillers etc).

Cheers, T i m