Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Remote dimmer switch?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:19:25 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 22/02/19 13:41, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:12:54 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

snip

Would this one be of any use:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUD11W.html, which is used with
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUR301.html

I see from the data sheet it states the "Max load for LED Lighting –
150w & 300 watts for other loads. *", and it adds "*Maximum loads may
vary from manufacturer to manufacturer of the load."

Thanks for that Jeff. I think they are more for remotely controlling
'a lamp' than yer std ceiling lamp in the same room, but could be
wired *to* say a std lamp in that room.

Fair enough, but this is from your OP "...to be able to dim / turn
off/on a std ceiling mounted (LED) lamp remotely..."

No, agreed, I'm sure it could be done using the kit, just a bit more
involvement than I'd like, especially in a rented property.

I've no doubt the idea could be adapted for a standard lamp, though.

Agreed. I was sort of familiar with such devices from a previous
question I posted here (to actually control an external water feature
'remotely') but had forgotten the equipment details etc.

Good luck with getting it sorted out quickly under the circumstances.

Thanks very much. When there tonight we heard the light being switched
off from the wall switch and whilst that's currently not a 'bad
thing', as it gives her a bit of exercise, I'm not sure she will be
able to do so soon.

Cheers, T i m