Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

On 22/02/2019 13:14, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/02/2019 11:23, mechanic wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:52:52 -0000, NY wrote:

I get the distinct impression that the government are banning
existing CH
systems (as with ways of generating electricity) before they have got a
replacement that is at least as good. Replacing with something worse is
worthy of the strongest possible contempt.

I suppose modern houses can at least be insulated better than existing
houses are.

Maybe the idea is to encourage developers/builders to fit better
insulation.

That's easy enough - just update the building regs with a higher
minimum level for new builds / substantial alterations.

its reached the limit of usefulness already. Unless you add heat
recovery ventilation you cant really add much to a modern house thermal
wise.

Or quad glaze the windows.

Yup, I was not suggesting it was a good idea, but it would be simpler
than some convoluted social engineering effort brought about by banning
gas heating etc.

--
Cheers,

John.