Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Getting a man in by mistake.

On 22/02/2019 14:44:50, R D S wrote:
In 20+ years of home ownership I can only think of one job I haven't
done myself and been glad.

Currently waiting for a builder to ring. I wanted the kitchen wall
knocking through and decided that this was outside the scope of DIY.
He knocked it through weeks ago and we've been living in a ********
since waiting for him to come and render/plaster and replace the ceiling
he removed.

I'll probably end up finishing it myself because after much putting it
off I made him promise to come Fri (today), which turned into 'I can
only do the afternoon' and now it's half past effing two with no sign
and I know for a fact he's out of town on Monday and the missus is
getting sick of the mess!

Is this normal?
Feel free to cheer me up with tales of how you thought you'd treat
yourself to chucking a bit of money at something for a change instead of
getting your hands dirty and it turning out well.

Did he provide a timescale for completion?

Either way I would demand a completion date with the threat you'll get
someone else and reduce his bill accordingly.