Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Getting a man in by mistake.

On 22/02/2019 15:00, TimW wrote:
[...]

Totally normal for builders in my experience. It can be a real ordeal.
TW

My neighbours had an extension built last year.
Their builder was a sociopath.

He broke their water main digging the foundation. I have an enduring
image of him stood there one morning nonchalantly watching the trench
fill up with water while he puffed casually on an e-cig with a hand on
his hip.
I went to work and when I got home my neighbour was sheepishly waiting
for me, builder had (rather than fix it) turned their water off from the
outdoor cock and ran a hose from my garden tap jubilee clipped to their
indoor 15mm.

The trench was emptied, but it was filling up again, this time with
water that didn't look as clean, he'd also cracked a soil pipe. A
complete fiasco.