Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

For eaxample if - say - we mandated that it was illegal to USE a 3KW
kettle, the energy to manufacture new ones would add to the extra energy
lost because of the longer period of heatloss from the kettle.
Therefrore its easy to see that 'energy saving' low power kettles would
actually increase energy consumption.

Who has suggested limiting the maximum power of kettles? It strikes me
as a straw man.

The suggestions I've seen from the EU work may or may not prove to be
cost-effective but they are at least literate - eg

More concealed elements and more accurate scales to heat less water

Reduce switch off time after reach boiling

Reduce thermal mass of kettle

Reduce outer surface heat loss

--
Robin