Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

On 22/02/2019 11:09, RJH wrote:
On 22/02/2019 08:41, RJH wrote:

The kettle is well within the top 5 consumers of household electricity

Total Utter ********.

Its amongst the bottom 5.

and is the one appliance that virtually every household has and uses.
Many little gains that are cheap and easy to adopt add up.

Oh FFS a **** who cannot do sums.

From one who can?

Electric lights are by far and away the greatest users of electricity
unless you use heaters.

Then always on appliances like fridges and routers .... I probly spend
ten times more on computing kit than I do on kettles.

Yes, that's *you*. I understand of course that you think that the world
revolves around you and your sad ways, but I'd like to present a
possibility: it doesn't.

Besides which I presented the figures, and some peer reviewed research,
on this topic a year or so ago on this very NG. I even took the trouble
to write to the author about a couple of queries raised here.

And you still get it wrong.

--
€œThe ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.€

Herbert Spencer