BigWallop

Default How to find earth

"Chris Holmes" wrote in message
om...
Third rock from the Sun.

WRT what bigwallop wrote, if he has neutral connections at his light
switches, I would suggest he also calls in an electrician! (Unless of
course he's deliberately wired his lighting circuits in a different
manner to the rest of us. (Switches should have Live ,switched Live
and Earth, not Neutral).

If you have a junction box under the floor in the middle of the hallway,
with all the switch wires and a feed cable in it. You then have an after
thought of fitting some wall lights at the other side of the living room.
You'd only take a feed (Live and Neutral and Earth = One Cable) from the
junction box, to the point on the far wall of the living room where you want
a switch for the wall lights. You would then connect each lighting point
back to the feed at the switch. Life is easier that way.

I don't think you'd go to the trouble of lifting all the floors and taking a
cable from each wall light position and the new switch position, all the way
back to the junction box in the middle of the hall. Life's to short for all
that.

Or maybe "you" would. :-))

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com