Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

On 22/02/2019 09:24, NY wrote:
"Andy Bennet" wrote in message
... and you can heat it overnight on cheap rate electrity. BTW our
220l vented tank has a heat loss of 78W (delta T not specified). and
as you say that goes towards heating the house anyway.

Yes, I suppose as long as you have space in your house for a really big
cylinder then you can heat the water overnight, keep it hot with
relatively little loss which the heatpump can replenish, and hope that
you never use all that water before the next time it can be heated
(cheaply).

The house that I was mentioning earlier with the heatpump and whining
air duct in each room had the largest cylinder I've ever seen: about 6
feet tall and 2'6" diameter. Hell of a volume of water there!

That is about standard for a family house.

I think I have a 220L as well.

--
€śThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.€ť

€• Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles Ă* M. Claparede, Professeur de
ThĂ©ologie Ă* Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire