Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

On Thursday, 21 February 2019 22:03:33 UTC, George Miles wrote:
Ed Davey MP told our 2018 Green Libdem conference:
"In government we were experimenting with electrified heating, heat pumps, experimenting with biomass, and district heating. But at relatively low volumes. There's a reason for that. That is that there's a real challenge if you use those technologies to replace methane gas, it looks like it will be very expensive, take a long time, and have a lot of political reaction. Most people are used to their gas boilers and central heating systems, nice and simple with north sea gas. To rip out all that? I call that politically brave. We haven't quite worked out how to do that.

Instead there's a lot around Hydrogen (which really wasn't happening when I was Secretary of State).

Whether or not hydrogen or some other form of hydrogen mix or a biofuel could be used as a replacement for fossil fuel gas. We're a long way off from knowing if that is going to happen, so don't rush off say Ed says hydrogen's the way of the future. it may be, it may not, we don't know.

Hydrogen is total bollix.
Expensive, inefficient and dangerous.
It will never happen.