Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Humidifier - Hot vs Cold Water Experiment

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 1:14:12 PM UTC-5, Mike K wrote:
replying to Peter, Mike K wrote:
Good point unless you are using a tankless hot water system (like me

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...nt-358875-.htm

If you have a gas water heater set to 130F, the chances of legionaires
being a problem is extremely remote. The bacteria can't multiply at
that temperature and at slightly higher temps are dead within hours.
I've seen quite a few stories in the news of people catching legionaires
disease, but it's never been from a residential water heater. NYC had
a bunch of cases last few years, all from AC cooling towers on roofs
that sent droplets of warm water into the air. I'd be perfectly fine
living with 120F, but 130 is better for clean dishes.