Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remote dimmer switch?

On 21/02/2019 22:35, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a LED compatible remote / local wall mounted dimmer switch
that anyone here has personally experienced and can recommend please?

This is for someone who is ill / bedridden to be able to dim / turn
off/on a std ceiling mounted (LED) lamp remotely, as well as someone
to easily do the same from the switch itself?

My suggestion would be Wemo or similar smart lamps. Somewhat higher
initial hardware cost but more flexible in what you can do with it.

They are controllable from apps on mobile phones or tablets or with a
little bit of effort by voice through Alexa. Requires internet
connection - they can also be programmed to come on at particular times
of day to make a house look occupied even when it isn't.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Smar...dp/B00OG68NYY/

Cheaper clones are available. Some people clearly struggle to get them
to work judging by the reviews but I have no idea why.

I have seen several for sale but not all state being LED compatible
and I have no idea if there any gotchas with such things ITRW?

Cheers, T i m

--
Regards,
Martin Brown