Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Burglar alarms and stable doors again

On 21/02/2019 13:32, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 21 February 2019 07:43:28 UTC, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 February 2019 19:24:09 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 20/02/2019 19:13, GB wrote:
On 20/02/2019 19:04, ARW wrote:
Just fitted an alarm at a house that was burgled 4 days ago.

It's quite common for a house to get burgled, then the burglars wait a
while for the items to be replaced, and they steal the new stuff. So,
the real question is how many times has this house been burgled?

First time. They have been there 30+ years.

--
Adam

Burglars tend to leave houses with an alarm alone, go somewhere without.

Is it realy that simple, I;ve heard that places with alarms show that someone has something worth stealing and that it;s better to get the alarm to false trigger so the owner gets fed up with it and no one takes any notice.

next doors fire alarm has gone off almost every day in the last 2 weeks and always about my dinner time so from 7pm to 9pm except on a couple of days when they weren't in.

they also don't have any net curtains you can quite easily see what they have in their front room downstairs, and when they bought their new TV 3 weeks ago the box was left outside for recyscling.

I believe that this was an opportunist theft doing a smash and grab.

I caught one[1] on my CCTV across the road a few years back on a Sunday
afternoon. A bloke with a 13 year old. They just walked up the street
went to the house opposite, knocked on the door, when there was no
answer (they even shouted through the letter box is anyone in) they went
round the back and broke in through the kitchen window.
They would not do that if there was an bell box on the house.

[1] As the camera is too far away to get an image of the two an arrest
and conviction was made due to the audio on my CCTV. It gave away the
first name of the adult.

To this day we have no idea why they targeted that house.

--
Adam