Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:43:49 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

On 21/02/2019 08:46, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 19:01:05 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

My new Salter Ultimate Accuracy Electronic Digital Bathroom Scales are
increditably accurate. They do have to be on a hard surface. I use
them on an piece of wood which itself justs rests on a carpet. When I
weighed my suitcases I got the same result as the Gatwick Easyjet self
check in.

Will they accept incremental weights?

No, you would have to start again but the repeat accuracy is very good.

Thanks. The Aldidl electronic ones had the gimmick of repeating the previous
weight if close enough. Had to trick them into accepting small changes.

I noticed on Salter's site that the 'accuracy' is to 50g - that's the
precision (and no, it's not very precise) - there's no mention of accuracy.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away