Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

Actually a good clean might be enough, but if you can find sewing machine
oil it can work wonders when you degrease and get the gunge out.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
On 20/02/2019 16:57, Bert Coules wrote:
Thanks for the speedy replies. The scale's always been used on a tiled
surface, and I did try putting in a new battery.

I'm going to open it up and take a look inside. I don't know exactly what
the sensing mechanism is, but perhaps that's where the problem lies.

WD40 on all the "pivots" if you do that.