Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Advice: How to address a curved edge

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 1:20:19 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2019 8:14 AM, Dave in SoTex wrote:
"DerbyDad03"Â* wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 1:13:05 PM UTC-5, Greg Guarino wrote:
Been awhile since I've posted here. I'm a weekend hobbyist at best.

I'm planning out a "bridge" to sit on my desk:

https://flic.kr/p/SGc97Y

Â*Â* O/T to your inquiry but an observation based on my experience:

Â*Â* I hope you do not wear bifocal glasses.Â* With your monitors at such
an elevated level your neck will be constantly cocked back such that you
will likely experience some kind of repetitive stress discomfort - as I
have.
Â*Â* My own monitor sits such that the top fourth of the screen is
approximately eye level.Â* Consider, if you have not already done so, a
full frame pair of prescription readers.Â* Mine have helped considerably.

Dave in SoTex

Excellent point!!!

FWIW my monitor is lifted 4" above my desk top and I certainly would not
want it any further up whether I wore glasses or not.

You want to be able to see the screen and the keyboard with out moving
our head.

I don't wear bifocals. My old shelf kept the monitors considerably higher than 4", but I thought they were a little low for my taste. I have jury-rigged a temporary shelf that I have decided is a little high, but I intend to try out different heights before I settle on the design. I had already changed it before I posted here, but the curve was the same, so it didn't matter.

While I will occasionally type emails and do other work like that, I won't be using a (QWERTY) keyboard that much. My main keyboard has 88 keys. But I do have an audio mixer and some other controllers that I want to fit underneath the monitor "bridge".