Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

On 20/02/2019 18:19, Bert Coules wrote:
"2987fr" wrote:

It could be a mechanical problem if one of the feet is broken internally
or you now have a cracked trace to one of the load cells.

Spot on.Â* When I opened it up I found that one of the two rear feet
which act as sensors (each connected to the main PCB by a single wire)
has come adrift from its fixings (very small plastic studs on the case,
seemingly just push-fitted into holes on the internal flange of the foot.

I'll try refixing the flange (Araldite, maybe?) and see if that solves
the problem.Â* In the meantime, many thanks for all the thoughts and
suggestions.

Wow a result! Great bit of prediction, too.