Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

On 20/02/2019 18:26, 2987fr wrote:

On 20/02/2019 16:26, Bert Coules wrote:
Not really a DIY question (unless it turns out that there is in fact
a DIY fix), so apologies.

I have a bathroom scale with an LED display (branded Weight Watchers
but I don't know the actual maker) which is a good few years old
now.Â* It's always been completely reliable but over the last couple
of days the display has refused to stabilise: it flicks up and down
over a range of about half a stone, never stopping on any one reading.

I'm assuming that it's an electronics problem rather than a
mechanical one, but am I correct?

Many thanks.

the only reliable scales are beam balance. ALL the standonm pressiure
ones are in the end utter ****.

While many of them are utter ****, not all of them are.
My Soehnle Spirito has been very reliable weight wise
for more than a decade now and I have only recently
stopped using it because its replacements load the
weight reading into my smartphone automatically so
I dont have to fart around manually entering the data.

I have just recently replaced it with a Renpho ES-CS20M
and it gives the same weight and is just a reproducible
and shows small changes in weight when I hold something
small when weighing myself.

Just after I got it I got a Easy Home Body Analysis Smart
Scale 63684, an Aldi special buy which also is just as
reliable weight wise and also gives the same weights.
I got it because I could try it and return it for a full
refund and just havent gotten around to returning it yet.

My new Salter Ultimate Accuracy Electronic Digital Bathroom Scales are
increditably accurate. They do have to be on a hard surface. I use
them on an piece of wood which itself justs rests on a carpet. When I
weighed my suitcases I got the same result as the Gatwick Easyjet self
check in.

--
Michael Chare