Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Scales that can't make up their mind

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:26:37 -0000, Bert Coules wrote:

Not really a DIY question (unless it turns out that there is in fact a DIY
fix), so apologies.

I have a bathroom scale with an LED display (branded Weight Watchers but I
don't know the actual maker) which is a good few years old now. It's always
been completely reliable but over the last couple of days the display has
refused to stabilise: it flicks up and down over a range of about half a
stone, never stopping on any one reading.

I'm assuming that it's an electronics problem rather than a mechanical one,
but am I correct?

Many thanks.

Have you tried replacing the cell/battery? I had this with the 10kg kitchen
scales and a new CR2032 cell fixed it (always check the fuel before
stripping the engine!).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away