Posted to uk.d-i-y
2987fr 2987fr is offline

Default Alternatives to the discontinued Screwfix Turbo Ultra stainless screws

"Chris Green" wrote in message
2987fr wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:
You know, I very much doubt if Screw thingy make their own screws,
they
probably buy them in from some company that supplies them by the
zillion.
Often they can pop up elsewhere under different brands. II used to
find
this
a lot when I could see. The sheds stopped something but it was then
available from another distributor.

Yes, but I've never seen any screws that look at all like Screwfix's
Turbo Gold or Turbo Ultra, they're immediately recognisable. One does
wonder if Screwfix are big enough to demand sort of trade mark rights
over these designs.

Trade marks have nothing to do with the size of the operation except
in the sense that the bigger operations can afford the cost of
trademarks.

I did say "sort of trade mark", what I meant was that Screwfix are
maybe big enough to demand that suppliers don't supply the same screws
to other sellers.

It has nothing to do with trademarks and it doesnt work like that.

As I said I've certainly never seen anything that looks like either
TurboGold or TurboUltra screws except the real thing.

Sure, but thats a separate issue to whether Screwfix has monstered anyone
into not producing any like that. Its easy to have a registered design.