Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HDMI audio.

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 15:41:52 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Never come across that. I was surprised to find that an HDMI cable to
a TV from an after market sound card on a desktop PC had the audio too.

HDMI isn't just one easy standard, it can be quite complex with the
differnt versions that have come and gone.

Are you saying there is a version which carries video, but not audio?

My 2010 Mac mini did not support audio from the HDMI not sure why but I
remember looking it up a couple of years ago as it was the first time I
thought about using the audio, before that I was happy with the sound
the mini had.

But I thought everything Mac was always perfect? Obviously not, since the
HDMI output on an ancient desktop PC I have carries the audio too.

--
*Don't use no double negatives *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.