Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Lifting huge stone flag....

On 19/02/2019 22:16, Robin wrote:
On 19/02/2019 21:09, wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 19:22:29 UTC, JimK* wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIen0LlzMN0
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/vacuum-slab-lift-two-man
Ł76 for first day.
Upto 150kg
What's it attached* to?

There is the option for presumably a crane for repeated use, but if
you watch the video two blokes handle a slab quite easily. The vacuum
part is battery powered.

but that looks to me like a 600m flag - perhaps 75 kg.* If I'm right the
OP's slab is c. 360kg then it's going to need a lot more than 1 of those
lifters and 2 blokes.

Indeed - at that weight its more like shifting heavy machine tools in a
workshop. Lots of small movements with lots of leverage, and propping /
supporting at every stage.

--
Cheers,

John.