Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Old cottage to retiree apartment.

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 19/02/2019 16:32, Andrew wrote:
On 18/02/2019 12:55, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 12:58:25 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

My wife and I are 2 thirds of a trio living in a dilapidated cottage
with a large garden.[...]

Thanks for the good advice I've been given on this thread,
particularly that from Owain and TNP. It's helped to clarify the
situation and has moved me on in this project significantly.
I'm going to continue by writing letters explaining needs to the 3
main agencies recommended here, the council planning department, the
architects and the estate agents. This because I now have a much
clearer idea of the situation.

Dont write letters - just pop and and sit down with duty planning
officer and TALK.

And all he will say is 'submit full plans' (because that means you
pay a big FEE which pays his huge pension).

Not my experience at all. Why is tehre a duty officer if not to anser
questions?

The first question should be "where I am, is any development possible at
all?"

"Please note that most site specific enquiries cannot be addressed
without the benefit of thorough research, consultation and a site
visit. Consequently the Duty Officer is unable to advise on the
likelihood of a particular proposal obtaining planning
permission. If you require such advice you are advised to submit
a pre application enquiry (where relevant). "

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/