Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 40mm pushfit

On 19/02/2019 20:48, Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/02/2019 18:05, Andy Burns wrote:
Reentrant wrote:

I thought all 40mm solvent weld/compression/pushfit pipe and fittings
were pretty much interchangeable.

"40mm" pushfit is generally 40-41mm OD, solvent is about 43mm OD, is
the 38mm of the pipe you have the ID?

The chrome trimmed fitting for where the waste pipe of one of our
washbasins passes through the tiled floor fits the underfloor piping
perfectly, but the vertical, chromed plastic pipe feeding down into it
was too large and I was unable to change to something else as then it
wouldn't fit the trap and elbow! I ended up heating the chromed plastic
tube and forcing it into hole drilled into a piece of wood to reduce its
diameter.

SteveW

THAT is a neat trick I will remember.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.