Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lifting huge stone flag....

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 16:10:29 UTC, JimK wrote:
I need to lift a huge yorkstone flag, approx 4ft by 4 ft by 4 inch
thick, by about 2 inches, & rebed on mortar etc as
necessary.
I can dig under the front edge if necessary, the sides are flower
beds so digging is limited & the rear edge is tight against the
house.
Any suggestions on how to approach?

Pictures of lots of exciting things here

https://www.safetyliftingear.com/cat...rb---slab-grab

pick one that looks suitable and then try a local hire place.

Owain

Yeah ta, though what do you lift it with once you've grabbed it
with one of those?

Any sort of crane system. I'd use sheerlegs in the adjacent garden
bends or a stabilised inverted U frame in the garden beds but
without a photo, its hard to say if that would be practical.

Access (& cash ;-)) is very tight...

dirt cheap cost wise, chain block and tackle, trivially hireable.