Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Lifting huge stone flag....

Gawd this takes me back.
I seem to recall the council at least starting the lift using a big thick
plank to place a couple of jack things on which went to blades pushed under
the stone, then it was kind of tilted up until some kind of clamp could be
attached and a winch on the back of a tractor hoisted it almost vertically.
It looked bloody dangerous to me at the time.

I often wonder how councils cope when they need to dig up these wonderful
looking town squares made from Genuine Chinese York Stone faced paving
slabs.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
I need to lift a huge yorkstone flag, approx 4ft by 4 ft by 4 inch
thick, by about 2 inches, & rebed on mortar etc as
necessary.

I can dig under the front edge if necessary, the sides are flower
beds so digging is limited & the rear edge is tight against the
house.

Any suggestions on how to approach?

TIA
--