Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_19_] Stephen[_19_] is offline

Default water pressu hammer/reducing valve?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:01:39 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Fit an isolator and half-turn it ? When I redid all our plumbing I
fitted isolators as a matter of course anyway.

They can be noisy though.

Sometimes hammer can be due the the filler hose being too elastic.

Yes, I've heard that throttling the isolator can cause the flow to be
more noisy. I think the problem is that with washing machines and
dishwashers, the valve is either open or closed, so it is quite harsh
in it's operation; there's no gentle opening or closing of the valve,
like you do with a tap.

Thanks,
Stephen.