Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Alternatives to the discontinued Screwfix Turbo Ultra stainless screws

On Monday, 18 February 2019 21:33:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
polygonum_on_google wrote:

Any suggestions anyone?

Fischer Power-Fast Stainless Steel Woodscrews?

https://www.ukstainless.co.uk/fische...oodscrews.html

I got some ordinary passivated zinc Power-Fast screws recently and liked
them. Link above was the first site at which I found stainless steel ones
- no idea how they compare with other sources. They go up to 5.0 x 100
at that site.

Have to admit, for my purposes so far, I have drilled a pilot hole so they
go exactly where I want them, so do not know what they are like to drive
without.

They look like a possibility, thanks, but they are quite expensive.

I've just discovered that screwfix.de have quite a lot of Turbo Ultra
available still, at knock-down prices. Maybe I should take a short
trip to Germany!

Yes - price is definitely an issue but I couldn't remember Turbo Ultra prices to make a comparison. Other stockists might be less expensive - there is considerable variation of the prices for the yellow ones.

Enjoy your trip!