Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The Bench - Finally Done

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 3:41:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Paint? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concerning the design. How far are the legs inset under the seat? It looks to me like they are in a fair amount. One foot. So a person, child, sitting on the end of the bench could tip the whole thing up like a teeter totter. I realize its too late to move the legs outward more. But maybe its not too late to trim the ends of the bench off a few inches so there is less overhang.

The leg assemblies are centered at 9" in from the ends of the bench.

My extensive testing, based on the location of my ass relative to the
floor, (which is fairly close) has shown that very, very few individuals
would find it comfortable to sit so close to the end to cause it to tip.

Even with my short legs, my weight ends up squarely over the leg assembly.

Could a child cause it to tip? Possibly, but probably only once. ;-)