Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Consumer unit circuit ordering

On 18/02/2019 22:24, ARW wrote:
On 18/02/2019 21:59, wrote:
On Monday, 18 February 2019 20:47:53 UTC, ARWÂ* wrote:
I wonder how Brian Gaff manages to get down his stairs?
I can get down my stairs without falling over in a power cut.

I can too, but get disorientated if the light suddenly fails and I
have to move from visual to tactile navigation.

This newsgroup seems to have a lot of posters that seem to be obsessed
with power cuts that occur just as they are about to use or half way
down their stairs.

It doesn't worry me, but to be fair, I suppose that an electrical fault
leading to a fire could lead to power failure just when you need to see.

I have certainly had the lights trip just as I turned them on on a
number of occassions. Once when I came in in the early hours of the
morning, switched the hall/landing lights on and had a bulb blow and
trip the breaker, so I was stood in darkness, with the alarm beeping and
couldn't see the panel to turn it off! I couldn't do it by touch either,
as it was a membrane keyboard and totally flat.

I was sure that the neighbours wouldn't appreciate a middle of the night
alarm, but was luckily able to turn the kitchen light on and kick the
door open a few times while I entered the code, as the hall/landing
lights were on the upstairs circuit.

SteveW