patrick mitchel

Default "antique nickel" screws?

Kai Seymour wrote in message
hlink.net...
blue wrote:

We bought some Stanley hinges as replacements for the solid wood doors
in our home. The hinges are in the colour "antique nickel". The supplied
screws are tiny and definately will not fit into the place of the old
screws which were #8 - #10, 1.5" - 3" (love how the previous owners were
consistent! :-).

Anyhow, are there screws available in this "antique nickel" in much
larger sizes? I've done some Googling and have come up with screws in
alternative colours such as "antique brass" (which doesn't match) but
have only found them in lengths up to 1". Our local Home Depot, Rona,
etc. didn't have anything.

the mcmaster-carr catalog (#104) pg2487 under heading wood screws, shows
#6-10 phillips head, nickel plated brass screws up to 2 1/2" from $9-16 US
per100 unless where noted some packs are 50