Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Dyson

wrote in
:

On Monday, 18 February 2019 17:52:08 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Before I do some DIY, do Dyson still do a reasonably priced service
on a DC07?

Motor is intermittent and sounding like serious arcing.

The used to do a service call where various bits and bobs would get
replaced.

needs brushes most likely. they're cheap. There might also be
commutator damage needing work - not too hard to do, but not as
trivial as new brushes.

NT

Not observed the motor running - It stopped working - then it ran - but
with a burping type sound as I guess is was sparking badly.