Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Alternatives to the discontinued Screwfix Turbo Ultra stainlessscrews

On 18/02/2019 18:33, Chris Green wrote:
Screwfix have discontinued their Turbo Ultra stainless steel screws
and I'm looking for alternatives - without much success at the moment.

While Turbo Ultra screws weren't perfect (it is easy to damage the
heads and also to shear them in hard[ish] wood) they were my preferred
screws for general outdoor use. As I said, I'm looking for
alternatives now as my stocks of Turbo Ultra run out. Requirements
a-

Stainless (obviously)
A2 is fine, A4 would be OK but more expensive I think

Easy driving without pilot hole
This is the real stumbling block with most alternatives, the deep
thread and 'rifling' with a cutting groove at the point seems to
be very rare in stainless.

Pozidriv for preference
Not vital, Torx or square would be OK, but pozi is 'easier to
find' in dark inaccessible places.

Good range of sizes, especially in 5mm
I'm getting very short of 5x60, 5x70 and 5x80 screws in particular.

The best alternative I've found so far are Axminster's Woodspur A4
stainless screws but: A4/expensive, not pozi and not available in 5x70
or 5x80 (or larger).

Any suggestions anyone?

checked your local B&Q for clearance stock?

--
Robin