Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnetron question

"Which of course, is entirely relevant to magnetrons. "

I dunno bout that. A magnetron has a cathode heating up with full plate voltage applied which is known to cause damage to CRT cathodes. That's why Sonys with AKB had a turn on delay until the detected tickle current is up to a certain level. It lessens "cathode stripping". Well lessenED, no more CRTs, more useless knowledge.

Think you bad to the bone ? Got moxy, resources n **** ? Wana make some money ?

Build a left handed microwave. Seriously, there is a market and some people really need them and NOBODY makes them. They all go the same way but not everybody's kitchen goes the same way. Just look at your microwave in a mirror and that is what could sell. You would have 100% of the market for maybe a couple of years.

Get your torches, MIG welders, die grinders, the usual implements of destruction and get rich.

I actually looked into it, it is a big pain in the ass. And you only get a couple years because the big boys will start making them as soon as they detect your presence in the market.

Now THAT's irrelevant...but true.