Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Consumer unit circuit ordering

On 17/02/2019 21:18, Jeff Phillips wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 21:07:54 +0000, ARW wrote:

My suggestion is to put the kitchen sockets on their own RCBO and
consider doubling up the smokes with a lighting circuit of your choice.

Thanks Adam. Can you elaborate on the RCBO for the kitchen? Is it the
likelihood of nuisance trips from likely leakage in that area?

No need to apologise. I was just a little surprised that someone had
bothered to put the time and effort into doing a decent job.

It seems that John Rumm has answered your question for me:-)

There will always be a cumulative leakage to earth from class I
appliances and the kitchen is the no one place to find them.

I was also thinking that that circuit powers your fridge/freezer.
Ideally it would have it's own RCBO but as that is probably not possible
in your case then go for the best alternative.

All the best with it.

--
Adam