Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default water pressu hammer/reducing valve?

Also some pipes that have dips in their runs or where the clips have failed.
Its amazing how much racket just a tiny vibration can cause. I often also
think that recent improvements in water pressure generally has exposed bad
joints and hence started to reveal leaks in the street etc.
Round here at least.
Water is a strange thing as it cannot really be compressed but any trapped
air of course does!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I have some water hammer caused by the washing machine and dishwasher.
Should I get some of those arrestors and fit one by each appliance?

I measured the water pressure and it is 4 bar. I'm sure I read here
that it is useful to have a pressure reducing valve set to reduce
incoming pressure to 3 bar. Is that right? Would that be a better
idea?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Before reducing you pressure have a dig around you CW system for any "dead
legs" that might have become air filled. These can be a potent cause of
mains water hammers.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls